Experience Uniblue Systems LtdMar 2015 - PresentInternal Software Developer
Following an internal position opening, I decided to take and move onto back-end systems as well as the whole infrastructure of the company. Working closer with front-end, software developers and the software architect, my job was to maintain several systems, create new ones and automate some of the infrastructure as well.
- Analysing user requirements
- Researching, designing and writing new software programs
- Evaluating the software and systems that make computers and hardware work
- Developing existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification
- Integrating existing software platforms and getting incompatible platforms to work together
- Creating technical specifications and test plans
- Writing and testing code and then refining and rewriting as necessary
- Testing new software and fault finding
- Developing systems to control the scheduling of jobs on a mainframe computer or to control the access allowed to users or remote systems
- Writing operational documentation with technical authors
- Maintaining and monitoring of system by using services such as Nagios, NewRelic and Loggly and fixing bugs
- Work closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, UX designers, other developers, software architects, systems analysts and sales and marketing professionals
- Consulting clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems with a view to writing or modifying current operating systems
- Investigating new technologies
- Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by enrolling into external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications
- Use of Amazon AWS services to manage servers, such as updating, creating and maintaining servers and other technicalities
- Coding with backward compatibility in mind
- Coding in Python and several Python libraries such as Celery, etc
- Using various frameworks such as Django, Jinja, Flask, Knockout, Vue and Node npm.
- Configuring Linux servers and create and install the respective project dependencies as well as creating shell scripts and server side scripts according to specification;
- Managing PostgreSQL and mySQL databases including queries and optimisations
- Coding in several front-end coding such as HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, and use plugins as well as MVC frameworks combined with backend coding
Uniblue Systems LtdSep 2014 – Mar 2015 (7 months)CRO & Front-End Web Specialist
Conversation Rate Optimisation was something new for me, but with the required experience, I have learnt to work with several new technologies as well as learning new methodologies with regards to web development.
- Conversion, Usability & Web Analytics
- Understanding the customer and improve the online experience for them to increase conversion
- Analyzing customer behavior, evaluate key metrics, and understand market trends
- Optimizing the whole funnel through testing and targeting approaches including: A/B testing, multivariate (MVT), and segmentation
- Managing conversion tests: plan, execute, analyze and follow up
- Landing Page and Purchase Page Optimization
- Cooperate cross-functionally with designer, content, and developers
- Using basic functionalities in Business Intelligence and Commerce Assistant software
- Creating and adjust page templates according to the needed requirements.
- Implement Google Analytics and adjust parameters according to requirements
- Working with responsive design as well as internal systems.
- Working in implementing custom front-end functionalities
- Working closely to deadlines and to the managements' requirements
- Creating and updating of JIRA tasks
- Documenting work and expressing innovative ideas that might get the company sales to improve
AV TechnologiesJun 2012 – Aug 2014 (2 years 3 months)Web Developer
Maintaining current website as well as working on a custom new project for the company. My job was to research and develop a system for a social platform which had to include custom functionality, mobile compatibility as well as a fluid and user friendly user interface.
- Using the Adobe Creative Suite as well as other programs - Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Illustrator, notepad++, various Chrome and Firefox plugins including development debug plugins
- Website UI - Including creating prototypes and functionality mockups, site content layouts, icon and menu design.
- Adhere to coding ethics and standards as well as commenting and documenting my code so team members will understand my code easily.
- Code and Data Testing - Cross-Browser and Cross-Platform testing throughout the development process, ensuring the functionality works mostly in all browsers as well as most of the mobile devices, even when it comes to obsolete browsers such as IE 6 and 7. Troubleshooting code and data testing to ensure problems are fixed.
- Code Optimisation - Minimising of scripts, OOP oriented method approach and code re-usability.
- Using and implementing/heavily modifying open source software as well as CMS systems - Installation, performing updates and maintenance, mainly phpFox and Wordpress
- Database planning - Table structure and variables to be used. Develop in PHP & mySQL
- Server administration - including server specification guidance, installation and setup of localhost server, setup of Linux based systems through Putty CMD, file permissions, installation of software onto server, repository updates, user permissions
- Use of GIT versioning systems
- Use of Trello boards
- Give my own opinion as well as guidance - in project specification, layout and website design, functionality, user interface design, and take care that the content suits the target audience and the site.
- Adhere to project documentation and strict deadlines while also multitasking
- Always keen to learn new trends and programs, being a fast learner as well as to advise new technologies to the company.
- Work as a team or as an individual.
e-World (hp)Sep 2010 – Jul 2012 (1 year 11 months)Sales Assistant
Shop upkeep and creating a good relationship with new customers whilst keeping old customers at heart to the brand as well as sales of various hardware and software items.
- Sales Assistant
- Technical Specification Adviser
- Stock Taking
- Design shop adverts and product specifications
- Improve shop appearance by changing product placement to be eye appealing
- Working in a busy environment and dealing with customers in the best way possible.
- Manage the shop by myself.
- Set promotional items as well as adding offers to current items
- Help in company tenders
- Always striving to innovate in ways to improve the shop, sell more items and keep customer relations at best.
- Know technical specifications of components, laptops and computers as well as other items
- Explaining in a way customers would easily understand such specifications
The Creative PartnersNov 2011 - Apr 2012 (6 months)Web Developer
Maintenance of sites including back-end and front-end work.
- .NET Nuke Administration
- Wordpress Development and management
- Image manipulation and modification in Photoshop
Ministry of Foreign Affairs MaltaJune 2009 - Sept 2009 (4 months)Software Developer
Designing and developed the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Inventory System.
- Use of XML, PHP and mySQL together with an Open Source CMS system.
- Addition of custom PHP modules
- Adhered to strict deadlines
- Team work
- Communication with the management to assure software requirements are met.
AZ CreationsOct 2007-July 2008 (10 months)Web Designer and Front End Developer
My first experience in the web development sector.
- Design and maintain websites
- Use content management systems such as Wordpress.
- Responsible for creating some logos and posters.
- Ability to work alone and in a team of two
Education ICE Malta2013Game Development with Unity
MCAST2011-2012MCAST B.A. Hons. in Interactive Media & Graphic Design
2nd upper qualification B.A. Hons. in Interactive Media & Graphic Design
MCAST2009-2011Higher National Diploma in Interactive Media & Graphic Design
MCAST2007-2009National Diploma in IT & Software Development